Pro wrestling has seemingly always had “hillbilly” characters, portraying country bumpkins, simpletons almost.
Along the same vein are the “Moondogs,” again, a simple gimmick, just act like a beast.
Of course, it takes skill to pull off such a role, especially when your actual background might be something completely different.
Enjoy the SlamWrestling Hillbilly & Moondogs Archives!
- November 27, 2020: Cousin Elvira was a star in her own right
- June 29, 2015: Bubble-gum chewing Daisy Mae was a star in the early ’50s
- July 29, 2013: Chuck Conley, 75, was a Scufflin’ Hillbilly
- Jan. 13, 2009: Lanny Kean, a.k.a. Cousin Junior, dies
- May 23, 2008: Cousin Luke made a lasting impression
- May 16, 2008: Mat Matters: Singing the praises of the underappreciated Stan ‘Uncle Elmer’ Frazier
HILLBILLY JIM STORIES
- Dec 30, 2016: Don’t go messing with Hillbilly Jim’s book
- May 9, 2008: The Hillbilly Jim story not far off reality
- Feb. 1, 2008: Road still home to Hillbilly Jim
- Mar. 15, 2007: Hillbilly Jim still offering fans Axxess
- Nov. 26, 2017: Q&A with Pacific Northwest mainstay Ed “Moondog” Moretti
- Feb. 26, 2016: Mat Matters: Saying goodbye — in two languages — to the Wolfman
- Jan. 10, 2016: Wolfman Willie Farkus dies
- Dec. 3, 2012: Bum foot threatens Moondog Manson’s career
- Dec. 7, 2009: Moondog Rex still howling at the moon
- Nov. 30, 2003: Moondog Spot dies during match