Welcome the AEW Dark Elevation and AEW Dark recaps. Both shows were much shorter than the last few weeks clocking in at just under 1 hour and 22 minutes (Elevation) and 54 minutes (Dark).
AEW Dark Elevation had more storyline than normal as they pushed angles such as Thunder Rosa wanting a shot at Britt Baker and Jungle Boy’s upcoming match with Kenny Omega in a few weeks. There was a full crowd for this show which helped with the atmosphere and the matches were solid but admittedly, there wasn’t anything that stood out to me. If I had to recommend anything, I’d pick the Varsity Blondes vs The Chaos Project which was surprisingly competitive and the main event of Jungle Boy vs JD Drake. JD Drake is a good wrestler and I hope he gets a shot on the main show.
On the other hand, I really liked all the matches on AEW Dark. While I’m recommending the Dark Order vs TH2/Serpentico and Kris Statlander vs Robyn Renegade, all the matches were good and you can’t really go wrong with any of them. They were all competitive with good back and forth. I also thought Diamante looked good in her match against Red Velvet.
AEW Dark Elevation – 05/31/21
- Thunder Rosa promo congratulating the new AEW Women’s champion Britt Baker but says new champions and new eras come with old enemies and tonight she is going to show why Britt is still afraid of her by beating up Reka Tahaka.
- Max Caster and Anthony Bowens beat Brent & Brandon Tate after Caster hit the Mic Drop. The Tates were making their AEW debut and are the current OVW tag champs.
- Tony Schiavone interviewed Jungle Boy after winning the Casino Battle Royale. Christian came out to endorse Jungle Boy but got attacked by Matt Hardy and Private Party. Jungle Boy made the save.
- Leyla Hirsch submitted Robyn Renegade with a cross arm breaker.
- Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison talked about their upcoming match with Chaos Project.
- Reka Tehaka tapped when Thunder Rosa used the Peruvian Necktie submissions move.
- Penta El Zero Miedo (w/ Alex Abrahantes) cut a promo on his upcoming match with Jack Evans later on the show.
- Brian Pillman Jr. & Griff Garrison (w/ Julia Hart) beat Luther & Serpentico when Pillman hit the flying clothesline on Luther for the pin in a surprisingly competitive match.
- Tony interviewed Dustin Rhodes about his upcoming bull rope match with Nick Comoroto on this Friday’s Dynamite.
- Nyla Rose (w/ Vicki Guerrero) and The Bunny (w/ MFO) beat Big Swole and Red Velvet when Rose pinned Swole after the Bunny used a foreign object.
- Alex Marvez interviewed Joey Janella talking about his match with Hangman Page last Friday and why Janella wasn’t watching Sonny Kiss’ back when Kiss got attacked by Team Tazz.
- Penta El Zero Miedo beat Jack Evans (w/ Anjelico) after Penta hit a Fear Factor piledriver.
- Tay Conti beat Ashley D’Amboise with a DDTay
- Jungle Boy beat JD Drake (w/ The Wingmen) with the Snare Trap. Jungle Boy got a massive pop from the crowd.
AEW Dark – 06/01/21
- Billy and Colton Gunn beat Ryan Nemeth and Cezar Bononi (w/ Peter Avalon) when Colton hit a Cold 45 on Nemeth.
- Jungle Boy vignette with highlights of some of his matches.
- Kris Statlander (w/ Best Friends) beat Robyn Renegade with the Big Bang Theory in a pretty good match.
- Alan ‘5’ Angels, Stu Grayson & Alex Reynolds pck up the win against Anjelico, Jack Evans and Serpentico (w/ Luther) when Grayson hit the Nightfall Backbreaker on Evans.
- Diamante lost to Red Velvet when Red hit a spinning kick to get the pinfall.
- Dark Order promo.
- In the main event, Jungle Boy (w/ Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt) got the win over Bear Bronson after Jungle Boy hit Bronson with an elbow strike to the back of the head.