No sooner did I write my last piece than we were informed in our Facebook group message that one of our guys joining the tour a few days late had totaled his vehicle en route to Dauphin, Manitoba. Thank goodness both he and the man in the other vehicle walked away unscathed.
So, he was forced to miss night 4 in Dauphin, and that “card subject to change” policy was enacted once again. However, despite his TWO travel mishaps, he didn’t miss a beat. Day 5 in Prince Albert, he showed up with a nice, brand new rental car. I’ve gotta hand it to Kyle King, a.k.a. K-Dos. The man has let NOTHING stop him from making this tour, and showed up with that ever positive, upbeat personality that he has. I salute him. THAT’S dedication!
The tour has smoothed out a little bit as far as getting things on track. You’d be surprised how easily things can go wrong.
What’s that? Things can go wrong? Well, take me for example. I was put in charge the other day of scheduling hotels for Saskatoon. Not a problem. I’m right on it. I’m your man. Alrighty, five me a fee minutes… ohhh-kay, annnnd DONE! Sweet. Got it, papa! You need it handled, then just come to ol’ TKo. He gets things handled as it should be. So I’m feelin’ pretty good about myself in Prince Albert, knowing now that we’re hooked up the following day in Saskatoon.
So, I wake up, like I do around 630 a.m. for reasons unknown, reach over and check my phone. I figure I’ll look over the hotel itinerary and map out directions to the hotel so it’s in my map, ready to go. And then I see it — I had booked the *&^%$ hotels for THAT day, as in the very day I booked them, when in fact, I needed them for the following day. Ohhhhh s—!
Time to wake up! So up I go. Brush teeth, pop in contacts, throw on new clothes and wander on down to the hotel restaurant with pen and paper in hand. I’ve got calls to make with the hopes that both Expedia.com and hotels.com will understand the simple mistake and be able to re-book these two rooms for the day we need.
I put myself in kind, patient gentleman mode, and start with the calls. After an abundance of “thank you kindly’s” and “I appreciate this so much’s” the rooms were re-booked without a problem. Crisis averted! So, thank you to hotels.com and Expedia.com for the great service and understanding.
So now, here we are. It’s currently 12:3 p.m. on Day 8. I sit comfy in a car as we knock out the six-hour drive to St. Albert, Alberta, a suburb of Edmonton. I really love it out here. Well, I love it in EVERY city we go to. There’s just a peacefulness, and a kindness up here that I don’t find anywhere else.
I also had a chance to watch some of the matches from the past few nights, and I’ve gotta say, we really have a solid crew who are churning out some AMAZING matches! And it’s showing with the fan feedback we’ve been getting. The company’s Facebook and Twitter accounts have been lighting up with positive feedback, pictures and videos that fans are sending in. Our momentum keeps building.
We’ve also had out usual great gym hookups, so I’ve been feeling great this tour, as usual. And I’ll tell ya what — I may be tired going of the gym, but you get on that elliptical machine and put some good rock-n-roll in your ears and before you know it, 35 minutes are gone and I’m drenched with sweat.
Canadian Wrestling’s Elite ON TOUR:
July 31- Stonewall, MB
Aug 1- Roseau River First Nation, MB
Aug 2- Gladstone, MB
Aug 4- Dauphin, MB
Aug 5- Prince Albert, SK
1) CWE Tag Team Champions Shane Sabre & Phil Atlas retained their titles against K-Dos & “Killa” Kaz Karter and Canadian Unified Jr. Heavyweight Champion “Tornado” Tony Kozina & “The Red Ribbon Warrior” Kenji Brea in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match.
2) “Hotshot” Danny Duggan captured victory over “The Crazed Cowboy” Jacob Creed with a crucifix.
3) “The Last Pure Athlete” Jordynne Grace was victorious over ROH Star “The Gatekeeper” Kelly Klein.
4) CWE Champion “Wrestling’s Strongest Man” Tyler Colton w/NWA/WCW Icon “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff retained against the 400 Plus Pound Monster The Big Chief with a sunset powerbomb from the top rope.
5) ROH Star “The Last Real Man” Silas Young defeated The Mercenary.
6) In 6 Man Tag Team Action ROH Star “The Octopus” Jonathan Gresham, Pro Wrestling NOAH’s Kaito Kiyomiya, & “Second To None” Alex Anthony bested Kute Kody, “The King Of Pong” Ethan Price, & Tasty Travis when Gresham pinned Travis after a shooting star press.
Aug 6- Saskatoon, SK
1) “Hotshot” Danny Duggan & The Mercenary beat the duo of “Killa” Kaz Karter & K-Dos after a Crueler Summer/Frog Splash combination on K-dos by Duggan & The Mercenary.
2) ROH Star “The Octopus” Jonathan Gresham was victorious against Pro Wrestling’ NOAH’s Kaito Kiyomiya & “The Red Ribbon Warrior” Kenji Brea in a 3 Way Dance when Gresham pinned Brea.
3) “The Last Pure Athlete” Jordynne Grace defeated Ring Of Honor Star “The Gatekeeper” Kelly Klein in controversial fashion.
4) CWE Champion “Wrestling’s Strongest Man” Tyler Colton w/NWA/WCW Legend “The Russian Nightmare” Nikita Koloff retained against “The Crazed Cowboy” Jacob Creed.
5) “Second To None” Alex Anthony, Logan Cross, & “Rocket Shoe” Tony Novak were declared the winners in 6 Man Tag Team action against “The King Of Pong” Ethan Price, Kute Kody, & Tasty Travis when Logan Cross pinned Travis in his CWE debut.
6) CWE Tag Team Champions Shane Sabre & Phil Atlas retained against ROH Star “The Last Real Man” Silas Young & Canadian Unified Jr. Heavyweight Champion “Tornado” Tony Kozina after a double superkick on Kozina by the champions.
Aug 7- St. Albert, AB
Aug 8- Red Deer, AB
Aug 9- Golden, BC
Aug 10- Calgary, AB
Aug 11- Medicine Hat, AB
Aug 12- Regina, SK
Aug 13- Assiniboia, SK
Aug 14- Moosomin, SK
Aug 15- Virden, MB
Aug 16- Souris, MB
Aug 17- Morden, MB
Aug 18- Winnipeg, MB
Aug 19- Thunder Bay, ON
Aug 20- Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Canadian Wrestling’s Elite website