By JOE AGUINALDO – For SlamWrestling.net
Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the first SlamWrestling.net AEW Rundown covering AEW Dark Elevation and AEW Dark. For those of you who are not familiar with either, these are the YouTube offerings from AEW that air on Monday and Tuesday respectively at 7:00pm ET both nights. Both shows feature current established wrestlers, and up and coming AEW talent, as well as wrestlers from the independent scene. Both shows are match-heavy compared to AEW Dynamite.
This week, even though both shows were just under two hours, they went at a pretty fast pace, with generally short matches back to back. They did push a few storyline angles but for the most part the focus is mainly in-ring.
05/10/11 – Dark Elevation Results
- Lee Johnson beat David Ali with a Blue Thunder Bomb
- Eddie Kingston pinned VSK with a roll up after VSK missed a frog splash
- Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky beat Fuego Del Sol and Baron Black after page hit a very impressive Ego’s Edge
- Thunder Rosa submitted Renee Michelle with a Peruvian Calavera Necktie
- Chuck T pinned Vary Morales after hitting the Awful Waffle
- Leyla Hirsch submitted Dani Jordyn with the cross arm breaker
- Matt Sydal won with the Lightning Spiral against Manny Smith who was making his AEW debut
- Jade Cargill beat Reka Tehaka after hitting her Jaded finisher
- Matt Hardy and Mark Quen beat Dean Alexander and Dylan McQueen by submission when Matt locked on the Leech
- Dr. Britt Baker curb stomped Raychell Rose for a very quick win
- Tay Conti beat Madi Wenkowski with the DDTay
- Jurassic Express hit a double team neckbreaker to beat Chaos Project
- Alex Reynold beat Isiah Kassiday with a rollup. After the match, MFO beat up Reynolds while making John Silver watch
- In the main event Jon Moxley beat Danny Limelight with a Paradigm Shift off the second turnbuckle
05/11/21 – AEW Dark Results
- John Moxley and Eddie Kingston beat Milk Chocolate (Randy Somers and Brandon Watts) with the Violent Crown double team move
- Dark Order (Evil Uno, 5 and Cold Cabana) beat Spencer Slade, Cole Karter and Andrew Palace when Evil Uno hit the Cross Arm Flatliner
- Lance Archer used the Helicoaster (spinning sidewalk slam) to pin Angel Fashion in a quick squash match
- The Factory (Aaron Solow, Nick Comoroto, QT Marshall) beat Jake Logan, Rick Recon and Ryzin after QT hit a Diamond Cutter
- The Varsity Blondes (Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr) used a double team powerbomb to beat Jaylen Brandyn and Trevor Jordan
- Diamante pinned Willow Nightingale after hitting a Code Red
- Dante Martin used a 450 splash to get the win over Aaron Frye in a pretty good back and forth match
- Nyla Rose hit a Beast Bomb to get a quick win over Ashley D’Amboise
- Ryan Nemeth and Cezar Bononi beat Liam Gray and Adrian Alanis after Nemeth hit a Rude Awakening neckbreaker
- Kris Statlander used the Big Bang Theory to beat Julia Hart
- Jungle Boy got the win over Marty Casaus using the Snare Trap
- Big Swole and Red Velvet beat the MK Twins (Ashley and Steph) in a pretty entertaining tag match
- Ten got the win over JD Drake when Drake passed out while in the full nelson
- The Acclaimed (Max Caster and Anthony Bowens) beat Sonny Kiss and Joey Janella after the Mic Drop elbow
- Brian Cage hit the Drill Claw on Bear Bronson for the win. Bronson was making his AEW singles debut
- Powerhouse Hobbs beat Mike Sydal with the Town Business slam
I thought both shows were fun and easy to watch shows especially if you are interested in new talent. The show allows the talent to get some in-ring time and is also a good way to showcase some of the younger AEW talent like a Powerhouse Hobbs. If I had to recommend any matches or segments, they would be the Danny Limelight showcase and his match against Moxley on Dark Elevation, Lee Johnson vs David Ali and the Leyla Hirsch (who I think has good potential) vs Dani Jordyn match from the same show. From AEW Dark, Dante Martin vs Aaron Frye was a good back and forth match and Bear Bronson vs Brian Cage was a good old fashioned Hoss match. Also, Max Caster’s rap was hilarious. Sunny days and Booty Butt Cheeks for the win!!!
Thanks for reading. C-ya next week!
Joe Aguinaldo works in the IT department for a media company and has been a wrestling fan and musician since 1977. He lives in Mississauga with his wife, two teenage boys and two dogs. Joe was once in a Backstreet Boys cover band and damn proud of it. Ain’t nothing but a heartache baby!!