The Wrestlemania 21 DVD set is one of the best releases by WWE Home Video in recent years. It’s a fully loaded three disc set with a running time of nine hours.
Before the live telecast of WM 21, a 30-man split brand Battle Royal, which is in the Extras section of the second disc, kicks off the show. Although a bit rushed going only 15 minutes, it was entertaining to see the stars of Smackdown! and RAW battle each other. Faces and heels working together made it interesting as you would never see that on the weekly editions of RAW or Smackdown!
The event itself, originating from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, was much better than last year’s edition, yet it is not one that is going to stand the test of time as a truly great show. The Money in the Bank Ladder Match and the first ever meeting between Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels (which should be a match of the year candidate) were fantastic and made WM 21 a success.
What makes this three disc set a must have for your collection is all the great extras and never before seen footage.
There are three minutes of outtakes and bloopers from the trailers and all the trailers that aired on television are included. WWE did a great job with the Hollywood theme and seeing a different side of the WWE superstars was a nice touch. Other extras include promo spots for Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker, plus footage from autograph sessions and various media appearances.
The Hall Of Fame Induction ceremony from Hollywood was included and not sold as a separate release like it was last year. With a running time of two hours and twelve minutes, you will see a well put together video montage prior to each of the seven inductees taking the stage. The ceremony was electric, exceeding the 2004 ceremony, and a real treat to watch. The Iron Sheik really stole the show and he alone is what makes this worth grabbing a soft drink, popcorn and relaxing on the couch for a great laugh.
For fans that may already have Wrestlemania 21 on videotape from the live telecast, you should spend a few more dollars for the complete show on DVD as it is worth every penny. Wrestlemania 21 is now available at all DVD retailers across Canada and the United States.
Here is a look at some of what is included on Wrestlemania 21 DVD set.
- Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
- Money in the Bank Ladder Match – Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane vs. Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Christian
- Legend vs. Legend Killer – Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
- WWE Women’s Championship Match – Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme
- Interpromotional Match – Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle
- Piper’s Pit w/ Stone Cold Steve Austin
- Sumo Match – Big Show vs. Akebono
- WWE Championship Match – JBL vs. John Cena
- World Heavyweight Championship Match – Triple H vs. Batista
- WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Wrestlemania Parody Trailers
- Outtakes and Bloopers
- Wrestlemania Week Activities
- Promotional Spots
- Battle Royal