Our own “Bloodthirsty” Bob Kapur sent these notes from last night’s Impact Wrestling taping in Toronto. The matches will air over the next two Thursdays.
- Before the show, Eddie Edwards did a meet and greet, while premium ticketholders got a group photo-op with every Champion in the company.
- Jen Alexander also hyped up the crowd with some Impact trivia to win T-shirts and tickets to Emergence.
After the show, The Bullet Club, PCO, and “Speedball” Mike Bailey did a meet and greet.
Before they left the building, premium ticket-holders were given a merch pack that included some autographed photos, and some other ephemera, including an autographed square of the ring canvas.
Here are the match results:
- Bonus matches (possibly for the BTI pre-show):
- Heath and Rhino beat Jack Price and Shogun. Shogun is a pretty big guy, nearly as thick as Rhino. Didn’t help him when he got hit with the GORE! GORE! GORE!
- Kenny King beat Channing Decker. Decker is a Toronto-based wrestler who also owns/promotes Toronto-based Greektown Wrestling. He was really over with the hometown crowd, and got a lot of offense, but that wasn’t enough, and he got pinned after a Royal Flush.
- Episode 1 (to air this Thursday):
- The Time Machine (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, and KUSHIDA) beat Trey Miguel, Jonathan Gresham, and “Speedball” Mike Bailey
- Alisha Edwards beat Toronto’s own Tara Rising. After the match, Alisha attacked Tara until Jody Threat made the save.
- Moose beat Yuya Uemara
- Frankie Kazarian beat the Good Hands (Jason Hotch and John Skyler) in a handicap 2-on-1 match.
- Joe Hendry beat Sheldon Jean to retain the Digital Media Championship
- In Steve Maclin’s “Changing of the Guard” ceremony, it was announced that he will defend his World Championship at Under Siege against PCO.
- Episode 2 (to air next Thursday)
- Jordynne Grace beat Masha Slamovich
- Johnny Swinger beat El Dineroco, who was actually his stooge Zicky Dice under a mask, who threw the match so that Swinger could get his first win of the 50 needed to earn a title shot.
- The Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey) beat The Design (Angels and Kon). During the match, Sami Callihan ran down and beat up Deaner who was trying to interfere in the match to help his Design brethren.
- Jody Threat beat Seleziya Sparx
- Deonna Purrazzo beat Taylor Wilde to retain the Knockouts World Championship. After the match, Wilde’s Coven partner KiLynn King attacked Purrazzo and they double-teamed the champ until Jordynne Grace ran in for the save.
- Steve Maclin challenged PCO to a match, but as PCO came to the ring, he was attacked by Champagne Singh and Shera. Director of Authority Santino Marella made a match between PCO and Singh and banned Shera from ringside. PCO destroyed Singh for the win.
- Sami Callihan beat Brian Myers in a street fight