Welcome to the AEW Dark Elevation and AEW Dark recaps from 06/07/21 and 06/08/21 respectively. While Dark was longer than Elevation (1 hour and 44 minutes as opposed to 1 hour and 15 minutes), I found that Dark had a better flow and pacing than Elevation which made it fly by compared to Elevation.
There were a bunch of solid matches on both shows but this week, I have to recommend the main event of both shows. (Shida vs Diamante on Elevation and Dante Martin vs Matt Sydal on Dark). Both matches were competitive, had good offence and were entertaining. The women’s match felt more like a fight while the men’s match had some great moves which is not surprising given the participants.
AEW Dark Elevation – 06/07/21
- The show opens with Ortiz and Santana talking about their last tag team title match and how they want to get back to the top spot. That begins tonight on Elevation.
- Jade Cargill hit the Jaded on Rache Chanel (pronounced Rashaye) for the win in a very quick squash match. After the match, Mark Sterling cut a promo saying Jade doesn’t need a manager, she needs representation. Jade ends the promo with her catch phrase…’I’m that b*tch.’
- Santana and Ortiz beat Liam Gray and Adrian Alanis after a powerbomb/kick double team move on Alanis.
- Evil Uno w/ Dark Order talked about his match on Friday against Miro and his upcoming match against Danny Limelight on Elevation.
- Scorpio Sky made Trevor Read tap to a heel hook.
- Varsity Blondes talked about their match with the Wingmen later on the show.
- Brian Cage and Powerhouse Hobbs defeated Trevor Aeon and Kendall Blake when Cage hit a drill claw on Aeon. During the match, Hobbs hit 9 body slams in a row on Kendall Blake.
- Evil Uno hit a Ripcord Flatliner on Danny Limelight for the win. Limelight got some good offence in this match.
- Diamante cuat a promo for her match with Shida on Elevation.
- Ethan Page beat Mike Sydal with an Ego’s Edge.
- Max Caster and Antony Bowens beat Alex Reynolds and Alan ‘5’ Angels after Caster hit Reynolds with the Boom Box behind the refs back. Caster’s rap was not as good compared to the previous two weeks.
- Kris Statlander got the win over Queen Aminata with the Big Bang Theory.
- Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison beat JD Drake & Ryan Nemeth after Pillman hit the flying clothesline on JD Drake for the pin.
- Main Event, Shida got the pin on Diamante after hitting a katana knee strike in a very competitive match. I really hope Diamante gets more of an opportunity. She’s looked good in all the matches I’ve seen her in.
AEW Dark – 06/08/21
- Lance Archer beat Zicky Dice with the Blackout. Lance threw Dice into the ring at the beginning of the match.
- Matt Hardy offered TH2 $8,450 to eliminate Christian Cage.
- Abadon defeated Willow Nightingale with a leg DDT (I don’t know what else to call it).
- Cezar Bononi pinned Cyrus. Cyrus is a big guy who got some good offence. He made Bononi look small.
- Anjelico beat Matthew Justice with a Navarro Deathroll submission. Justice was making his AEW debut and looked good in this match.
- Darius Thomas cuts a promo talking about his upcoming match with Matt Sydall.
- Tay Conti (w/ -1) hit the DDTay for the win over Natalia Markova.
- Luther and Serpenrtico beat JP & Tommy Daily.
- Alex Marvez was backstage with Joey Janella. Sonny interrupted and asked Joey to be around for Kiss’ match with Aaron Solow.
- Marko Stunt beat Ariel Dominguez with an off the top rope cutter. Both guys are the same height.
- Aaron Solow pinned Sonny Kiss (w/ QT Marshall) after hitting a Facebuster. After the match, Nick Comoroto and Solow worked over Kiss. Janela did not make the save.
- Nyla Rose (w/ Vicki Guerrero) hit a Beast Bomb on Missa Kate for the victory.
- QT Marshall pinned Bear Bronson after hitting a Diamond Cutter.
- Thunder Rosa submitted Megan Bayne with an ankle lock.
- Stu Grayson, Preston ‘10’ Vance and Colt Cabana got the win over Dan Barry, Kit Sackett and Justin Law when Grayson hit the Nightfall on Justin Law.
- KiLynn King and Big Swole (w/ Red Velvet) beat Delmi Exo and Ashley Vox when King hit the Kingdom Falls on Exo.
- Tony Schiavone interviews QT Marshall, Aaron Solow and Nick Comoroto talking about QT pinning Cody Rhodes in the ring.
- In the main event, Matt Sydal (w/ Mike Sydal) got the win over Dante Martin with the Lightning Spiral in an entertaining match. After the match, Matt and Dante shake hands in a show of respect.
Thanks for checking in. c-ya next week.