Today is Halloween and 2K is celebrating with the WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night DLC that does deliver more treats than tricks.
If you own the Deluxe and SmackDown! 20th Anniversary Edition of the game, Bump in the Night is available for free.
Bump in the Night includes:
- “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt playable character.
Story 2K Towers
- “The Fiend” – “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt stars in his own tower.
- “All Fed Up” – “Fed-Up” Sheamus is forced to take on some of his former fellow Superstars, who have all become zombies.
- “Nowhere to Run” – “Twisted” Nikki Cross looks to “play” with other Superstars in her own twisted game.
- “One of the Family” – “The Swampfather” Bray Wyatt decides to bring on one of his past recruits. Can Daniel Bryan avoid becoming one of “The Swampfather’s” thralls?
- “Nowhere to Hide” – “Survivor” Mandy Rose has had enough of “Twisted” Nikki Cross and her games. She’s going to do what she can to put an end to the madness.
Horror-themed WWE Superstar Characters
- “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
- “Demon King” Finn Bálor
- “The Swampfather” Bray Wyatt
- “Wicked” Aleister Black
- “Unleashed Apex Predator” Randy Orton
- “Fed-Up” Sheamus
- Wyatt Swamp Arena
- Cemetery Brawl Arena
- Dozens of Create-a-Superstar parts
- New Create-an-Arena parts
- New weapons
- New moves
The new 2k Showcase has a Swamp Thinged out Bray Wyatt trying to recruit Finn Balor’s Demon into the Wyatt Family. On the gloomy Wyatt Compound, Balor must fight a series of matches against Wyatt and his Family including a “Wicked” Aleister Black who looks sorta like the Night King in Game of Thrones, The Bludgeon Brothers in a handicap match and a host of other ghoulish adversaries.
The Towers are very clever too with a Hannibal Lecter-ish Nikki Cross battling the WWE’s “final girls” and Sheamus taking on the role of either Ash from the Evil Dead franchise or Shaun from Shaun of the Dead.
Bump in the Night is the best DLC 2K has ever produced. There is even a little intro by The New Day who take the time out of their Halloween festivities to lay out the story for us. It is just a shame that the game glitches still exist forcing me, for example, to execute a mandatory Coup de Grace five times before it was finally recognized by the game.
The WWE is planning three more WWE 2K20 Original packs including Wasteland Wanderers, Southpaw Regional Wrestling and Empire of Tomorrow. Let’s hope the kinks are all ironed out before then.