Here are the latest Slam Wrestling News and Rumours from the world of pro wrestling.
You can personalise your Google settings to see more stories from slamwrestling.net when you search for wrestling news.
Google’s Preferred Sources feature lets you choose the websites you trust most. Once added, Google is more likely to show SLAM in Top Stories and the “from your sources” section.
- Click this link to take you directly to Google’s “Source preferences” page.
- Sign into your Google account.
- Search for slamwrestling.net.
- Tick the box next to Slam Wrestling.
Adding SLAM as a Preferred Source helps you see more of our news, features, and exclusive coverage in Google search.
WWE has reportedly scrapped plans for a Lil Yachty concert at Sunday Night’s Main Event on September 6. According to WrestleVotes Radio on Fightful Select, the legitimate concert was originally intended to be heavily promoted as one of the show’s main attractions. However, the idea was reportedly dropped after feedback on the celebrity-focused segments on the previous Saturday Night’s Main Event, and WWE is now planning to place greater emphasis on wrestling. Lil Yachty and Trick Williams are still expected to be prominently featured at the event and remain part of its promotional material. Only two matches have been announced so far.
It is being reported that the John Cena Classic might be held on Saturday, December 12th.
Smackdown in Toronto tonight has sold the most tickets of any Raw or Smackdown show this year at 15,000 tickets distributed.
Here are your results from the WWE Live show in London, Ontario, Canada, last night:
Chad Gable [c] def. Dominik Mysterio to retain the Intercontinental Championship
Ricky Saints insulted Danhausen, leading to Kevin Owens coming out to set up a match
Kevin Owens def. Ricky Saints. Danhausen hit the Danhausen Death Drop on Saints after the match
Baron Corbin [c] def. Trick Williams & Finn Balor in a Triple Threat Match to retain the United States Championship
World Tag Team Championship Match: LA Knight & Oba Femi def. Bron Breakker & Austin Theory via DQ
Charlotte Flair, Tiffany Stratton & Tatum Paxley defeated Jade Cargill, Michin & B-Fab
Tama Tonga & Talla Tonga [c] def. Damian Priest & R-Truth to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship
CM Punk [c] def. Cody Rhodes & Gunther in a Triple Threat Match to retain the Undisputed WWE Title
Nikki Bella says she is preparing for the possibility that more of her storyline segments with Paige could be cut from WWE television and believes the feud could instead develop online. Paige was scheduled to respond to Bella on the August 14 episode of SmackDown, but the segment did not air and was later released as a digital exclusive. The pair subsequently exchanged words on social media.
Speaking on The Nikki and Brie Show, Nikki Bella said the situation has encouraged her to become more creative and prepare for future segments being removed from broadcasts. She believes both women have enough of a following and established star power to carry the storyline digitally, adding that she already has several ideas for how they could continue the feud outside television.
AEW reportedly suffered a loss of at least $30 million on the development of its Fight Forever video game. According to Insider Gaming executive editor Mike Straw, lengthy development delays and missed deadlines contributed to rising costs, while the game reportedly sold around half of AEW’s initial expectations following its eventual release in 2023. AEW and developer Yuke’s currently have no agreement for another game, although AEW owns the gaming engine and could work with a different developer in the future. Straw reported that AEW remains interested in returning to video games at some point, but there are currently no confirmed plans for a sequel or another licensed project.
Check out the lineup for tonight’s episode of WWE SmackDown.



