Mick Foley is making his AEW debut at Double or Nothing this weekend but not in the ring.
Foley will be joining Renee Paquette as part of the Buy-In preshow.
Tony Khan made this announcement:
Before #AEWDoN,
watch the The Buy In
FREE before the ppv THIS SUNDAY!Your new co-hosts are @ReneePaquette & Mick Foley!
Foley’s coming back to TBS, where he ran wild as Cactus Jack!Don’t miss his first night in AEW on Sunday +
see you for Wednesday Night #AEWDynamite TONIGHT! pic.twitter.com/wWpAHRi4dP— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) May 20, 2026
MJF’s response was simply:
…….great. https://t.co/mgqIosHiwL
— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) May 20, 2026
In an interview with Jon Alba recently, MJF said: “I think Mick Foley is fat and he’s ugly and I think he was the blueprint of what Darby Allin is now which makes me hate him even more. That’s what I think of Mick Foley.”
It is expected that Foley will not only be on the pre-show but perhaps become involved in Darby Allin’s world title defense against MJF.
Back in January, Foley made it clear that he has no interest in WWE due to their association with U.S. President, Donald Trump.
“People know that I’m not on board with a lot of things the current administration is doing. I have fans who feel different, and still like and support me. And I have [fans] who dropped out of the fandom, which is obviously their right,” he said to Orlando Weekly.
In December of last year, Foley expressed his dislike of Trump after Trump made comments after the death of Rob Reiner.
Trump had written: “A tortured and struggling, but once very talented movie director and comedy star, has passed away, together with his wife, Michele, reportedly due to the anger he caused others through his massive, unyielding, and incurable affliction with a mind crippling disease known as TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME, sometimes referred to as TDS.”
Foley responded with: “How any of my WWE colleagues can stand by let alone next to this man is beyond me.”
Foley took things one step further with another statement.
“While I have been concerned about WWE‘s close relationship with Donald Trump for several months — especially in light of his administration’s ongoing cruel and inhumane treatment of immigrants (and pretty much anyone who “looks like an immigrant”) — reading the President’s incredibly cruel comments in the wake of Rob Reiner’s death is the final straw for me. I no longer wish to represent a company that coddles a man so seemingly void of compassion as he marches our country towards autocracy. Last night, I informed @WWE talent relations that I would not be making any appearances for the company as long as this man remains in office,” he stated.
Foley also dashed any hopes the WWE had of another legends deal with him.
“Additionally, I will not be signing a new Legends deal when my current one expires in June. I love WWE, will always treasure my time with them, and I am deeply appreciative for all the opportunities they afforded me. But, in the words of Popeye the sailor: I stands all I can stands, and I can’t stands no more,” he wrote.



